- coconut oil (or spray) for greasing pan or griddle
- 8 slices cinnamon raisin bread we use gluten-free or grain-free
- 4 eggs largish – we use eggs from our free-range chickens
- 1/4 cup milk any milk you like
- 2 tbsp coconut palm sugar
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spices see my recipe below
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp Liquid Vanilla Stevia Extract
Pumpkin Cream cheese filling
- 1 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese preferably cultured
- 4 tbsp coconut palm sugar
- 2 tbsp Pumpkin Puree 100% pumpkin - not “pie filling”
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spices see my recipe below
- 1/2 tsp Liquid Vanilla Stevia Extract
- Combine filling ingredients. Put filling inside each 2 pieces of bread like a sandwich.
- Combine the rest of the French toast ingredients and pour into a shallow dish (like a small casserole dish or pie plate).
- Dip each sandwich in egg mixture covering both sides.
- Pan fry or griddle the sandwiches until they are golden brown on both sides.